The Principal's Weekly Message
Dear Round Meadow Elementary Families,
I hope you are all having a great summer. I wanted to give you all some important dates to consider for when we come back to school in August.
• Registration: Student registration will take place on Tuesday, August 22. Students with last names starting with A-M should arrive to the Multipurpose room between 4:00 and 4:30. Students with last names N-Z should arrive between 4:30 and 5:15. If you are unable to make your assigned time, please arrive at 5:30.
• New Student Orientation/Kinder and Journeys "Meet and Greet Play Date: If your family is new to Round Meadow, we will have our new student orientation on Saturday August 19 to meet other families, and ask any questions you may have. In addition we will also be having a play date for our incoming Journeys and Kinder students to meet other new students prior to the start of the school year. Time and Location TBD.
• First Day of School: Since the first day of school, August 23, is a Wednesday, we will adhere to the regular Wednesday schedule which means that students in all grades will be dismissed at 12:10. If you chose to have your child eat lunch at school, you may pick them up at 12:55. Journeys and Kindergarten students will be dismissed according to the information that was sent earlier this week.
• Back-to-School Nights: Journeys/Kindergarten families will meet for back-to-school night on Monday, August 21 from 5:30-7:00. Grades 1 and 5 will all meet on Tuesday, September 5 from 6:00-7:30. Back-to-school night is for parents only, so please make arrangements for childcare.
• After-school Options: We have collaborated with several different companies and organizations in an effort to provide as many opportunities for after-school child care as we can safely allow on campus. As of right now, parents have 3 options for after-school care:
- The YMCA on campus is open until 6 p.m. every day that school is in session. Parents can contact the YMCA at 818-594-0522 or 818-774-2840.
- Parker-Anderson Enrichment offers various classes after school for children in all grades. The class offerings vary each trimester and parents can see a complete listing of classes and sign up for them at www.parker-anderson.org.
- A homework club will now be available after school for students in grades 1-5. The Homework Club will provide adult supervision to assist students in completing their homework assignments. To be clear, they are not tutoring students, but will help them work through assignments and provide as much clarification and help as they are able. Students in grades 1-3 who opt to be a part of the Homework Club will be supervised on the yard until grades 4-5 are dismissed at which time all students in the club will head to their designated, indoor, homework area. For further details and/or to contact the Homework Club staff, go to www.homeworkclubllc.com or the attached flyer.
The times and locations of these events will be updated later in the summer and more information will be posted here to ensure that everyone is prepared for the new school year. Have a relaxing and wonderful summer and we look forward to seeing you all back at Round Meadow in August. GO COLTS!
Round Meadow Elementary, Principal