Green Bag Project
The Green Bag Project (Dec 10-14, 2018)
Suggested Item List
Use your imagination. Almost everything has value on Skid Row.
Important: If your bag is for a female, please tie a red or pink ribbon on the handle.
- Soap, deodorant, feminine hygiene, other toiletries
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Comb/brush, other grooming items (if your bag is female specific, tie a ribbon on the handle)
- Winter months -- warm stuff (gloves, hat, scarves, sweatshirts, bedding) Any season -- jacket or windbreaker, blanket, fleece throw
- Other good clothing items such as shorts, sweat pants (clean and folded), T-shirts or tops. Unisex clothing is best -- adult sizes only.
- Socks -- two pairs or more, clean underwear
- Towels, washcloths, hand towels, etc. -- does not have to be new, used are perfectly acceptable (a clean towel is a treasure)
- Medicine chest: band aids, sun block, hand wipes, Kleenex, Bactine, Chapstick, Neosporin, etc.
- Food -- always needed. Packages you can open with your fingers. Zip top cans, granola bars, raisins, fruit cups. (No refrigerated, perishable, or breakable items.)
- One or two personal sized bottles of water
- Camping items like a poncho, small pillow, umbrella, sleeping bag, etc.
- Postcard or envelope with a stamp on it. A clean sheet of paper in the envelope.
- Your personal note of encouragement (1-3 sentences).
DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE NOTE OR SIGN IT.
Things that DO NOT go in the bag:
- Shoes -- they'll end up in the trash if they don't fit.
- Alcohol or tobacco items
- Prescription medicines
- Sharp tools
- Battery or fuel operated items
- Perishable items that will spoil