Las Virgenes Unified School District SCHOOL AND SHUTTLE BUS RULES
- Students must present a physical bus pass every time in order to board the bus or they will be denied transportation. (Screen shots on phones are not acceptable.)
- For safety purposes, please make sure your child is at the bus stop no more than ten minutes before pick-up time.
- Students should be courteous at all times, take direction and cooperate with the driver.
- Students must stay in their seats and the use of seat belts is required at all times.
- Students must keep their heads, hands, and feet inside the bus. Talking should be in a low conversational tone.
- Students shall not use vulgar or profane language on the bus.
- Students may not throw objects inside the bus or outside the windows, or create any unnecessary noise or commotion.
- No eating or drinking on the bus, except water, is permitted.
- Students should keep the bus clean.
- Students should never be destructive.
- Students should be courteous at all times and cooperate with the driver.
- Students must stay out of the bus's "Danger Zone" - anywhere within ten feet of the bus. Students should not try to retrieve anything left on the bus after they have already gotten off or pick up anything they drop underneath the bus. Things can be replaced and children can't.
- Students must always follow the driver's directions about how to cross the street. Be alert to traffic, look both ways, and always walk in front of the bus.
- No intoxicating liquor or drugs are allowed on the bus.
- No animals shall be allowed on the bus, except trained seeing-eye dogs.
- Use of another student's bus pass will result in suspension of bus privileges for the owner of the bus pass, and the student using the pass.
- Personal electronic devices are used at student’s own risk and responsibility.
- Personal electronic devices may be used as long as the volume is off or earbuds are utilized. Any violation will result in a one-day suspension from riding the bus.
For safety reasons, the following incidents will result in immediate revocation of transportation privileges and may result in suspension from school:
- Fighting at a bus stop or on a bus.
- Actions which endanger the safety of any person either at a bus stop or on the bus.
- Damage to property at a bus stop or on the bus.
- Tampering with controls, emergency equipment, or exits.
- Three or more written conduct/incident reports
Riding the school bus is a privilege that you are paying for!
In order to help ensure everyone's safety, video cameras are used to monitor student behavior. We believe that a partnership among the parents, the transportation provider and the District administration is critical to insure student safety, and on time service. We hope that you will help us help your child by ensuring they understand what behavior is expected of them while riding the bus.