School of Choice Permit Information
The 2021-2022 School of Choice Permit applications are available online ONLY November 23, 2020 and close February 5, 2021. (no hard copy applications are available).
Note: If you have recently moved or have questions, you may provide those details in an email request to: email@example.com.
The 2020-2021 School of Choice Permit applications are CLOSED.
This application is for residents of LVUSD who would like to attend another Las Virgenes Unified School. This includes current students who were previously released from their home district in a prior year and permitted to attend LVUSD. Please read the information below and proceed to the application at the bottom of this page.
- Applications open November 23 at 9 am and should be submitted by the February 5th deadline.
- Decisions from LVUSD will be processed by March 15.
- Requests received after the February 5th deadline will be reviewed and/or processed on a case by case basis.
School Of Choice Application Requirements:
- Should this application be approved, the School of Choice attendance permit will be in effect for the duration of the student’s years at the approved school site. In order to change schools again, a new application must be submitted. This includes returning to the home school. Mid-year transfers are not available after the start of the school year.
- I understand that completing this application does not guarantee acceptance to the requested school.
- While the District does its best to keep families together, there are no guarantees that space will be available to siblings at the same site.
- Applicants MUST register at their home school until they are notified that their permit has been approved.
- Buttercup Preschool does not accept permits.
- Home to school transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Any student attending a school in the Las Virgenes Unified School District on a permit is required to carpool. Click link to go to Carpool Connection: https://goo.gl/ZSuRSf.
- Please note that many schools historically are impacted due to full capacity and/or multiple requests. We will make every effort to accommodate your request but cannot guarantee placement.
- If your student did not attend LVUSD during the most recent semester, you will need to submit the following:
- UNOFFICAL transcripts from your current school year, for the current year and last year ONLY (e.g. report card). (This is not needed for students applying to Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten)
- Attendance records for the current year and last year only. (For Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten, if your school has this information, please submit. If your school does not have this information, you will not submit it).
- Behavior/discipline records (if there are no discipline issues, have the SCHOOL send documentation to that effect). (This is not needed for students applying to Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten).
- Copy of any IEP plan that the student currently has or may have had previously (if applicable).
Please reference your Permit Request Number (above) in your email, or on any physical mail sent to the district. Documentation received without an attached reference number will not be accepted. Required documentation may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail these documents to:
Las Virgenes Unified School District
4111 Las Virgenes Rd. Calabasas, CA 91302-2977
- By typing your name on the signature line of the application, you agree that all information on the application is complete and accurate. False or misleading information on an application is grounds for denial/revocation of the permit.
If you understand and agree with the information above, please click below to proceed to the application.
Application Link: Clickable link belowQuestions: If you have questions or concerns, please email: email@example.com.