Interdistrict Incoming Permit Information
The 2021-2022 Interdistrict Incoming Permit applications are available online ONLY November 23, 2020 and close February 5, 2021 (no hard copy applications are available).
Note: If you have recently moved or have questions, you may provide those details in an email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2020-2021 Interdistrict Incoming Permit applications are CLOSED.
This application is for students who live outside the Las Virgenes Unified School District and wish to transfer into LVUSD. Please read the information below and proceed to the application at the bottom of this page.
Interdistrict Attendance Board Policies: Administrative Regulation 5117 and Board Policy 5117 contain important information about the District’s interdistrict attendance process. LVUSD School Board Policies are stored and updated in the California School Boards Association's GAMUT Online tool. The site is password protected - please login with username "LVUSD" and password "public" Click to view: Administrative Regulation 5117 & Board Policy 5117.
- Applications open November 23 at 9 am and should be submitted by the February 5th deadline.
- Submit required documents, as indicated below.
- Decisions from LVUSD will be processed by March 15.
- If you receive a contingent approval from LVUSD, you then need to apply for an outgoing release from your home district (not your home school).
- Once your home district approves the outgoing release, you must submit the release to LVUSD to secure your enrollment, within 30 days. Links to our neighboring district home pages can be found here: Neighboring District Links.
- Requests received after the February 5th deadline will be reviewed and/or processed on a case by case basis. Applications submitted for the current school year will be processed within 30 days. Applications submitted for an upcoming school year will be processed within 14 days of the start of instruction for that school year.
Interdistrict Permit Required Documents:
All new applicants MUST submit the following documents to the district office within approximately 2 weeks of completing your application request:
- UNOFFICAL transcripts from your current school year, for the current year and last year ONLY (e.g. report card). (This is not needed for students applying to Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten)
- Attendance records for the current year and last year only. (For Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten, if your school has this information, please submit. If your school does not have this information, you will not submit it).
- Behavior/discipline records (if there are no discipline issues, have the SCHOOL send documentation to that effect). (This is not needed for students applying to Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten).
- Copy of any IEP plan that the student currently has or may have had previously (if applicable).
- If using employment as your reason for permit transfer, please provide employment information. A copy of a recent pay stub and a letter on the employer’s letterhead verifying schedule (hours and days) and location of employment; OR If self-employed, an office lease, a copy of a valid current business license (if applicable) and a letter on business letterhead verifying location of employment.
Interdistrict Permit Process:
- After you have applied, you will receive a confirming email with your unique permit request number. You will be asked to reference that permit request number when you submit your required documentation to email@example.com.
- Once approved, this Interdistrict Permit Application will be in effect until a change of status.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed and cancelled.
- Home to school transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian. LVUSD does not provide interdistrict transportation.
- Any student attending a school in the Las Virgenes Unified School District on a permit is required to carpool. Click link to go to Carpool Connection: https://goo.gl/ZSuRSf.
- Once approved, you MUST contact your home district to obtain an application for an outgoing release permit. Once received from your home district, you must send the release to: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can finalize your permit process.
- Final permit approval by LVUSD cannot be obtained without release from your home district. However, being released from your home district does not guarantee acceptance into LVUSD.
- I understand that completing this application does not guarantee acceptance to the requested school.
- While the District does its best to keep families together, there are no guarantees that space will be available to siblings at the same site.
- By typing your name on the signature line of the application, you agree that all information on the application is complete and accurate. False or misleading information on an application is grounds for denial/revocation of the permit.
If you understand and agree with the information above, please click below to proceed to the application:
Application Link: Clickable link below
2021-2022 Interdistrict Incoming Application Link
Questions: If you have questions or concerns, please email: email@example.com