2019-2020 Interdistrict Incoming Permit Information
The 2019-2020 Interdistrict Incoming Permit applications will open November 19, 2018 and will be available ONLINE ONLY (no hard copy applications are available). This application is for students who live outside the Las Virgenes Unified School District and wish to transfer into LVUSD. Please read the information below and proceed to the application at the bottom of this page.
Note: We are no longer accepting Interdistrict Permits for the current (2018-2019) school year. If you have recently moved or have extenuating circumstances, which may warrant a mid-year change, you may provide those details in an email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications open November 19 and should be submitted by the February 1st deadline.
- Submit required documents, as indicated below.
- Decisions from LVUSD will be processed by March 15.
- If you receive a contingent approval from LVUSD, you then need to apply for an outgoing release from your home district (not your home school).
- Once your home district approves the outgoing release, you must submit the release to LVUSD to secure your enrollment, within 30 days. Links to our neighboring district home pages can be found here: Neighboring District Links.
We will still accept applications after the February 1st deadline. Applications received after the February 1st deadline will be processed on a case-by-case basis.
Interdistrict Permit Required Documents:
All new applicants MUST submit the following within approximately 2 weeks of completing your application:
- UNOFFICAL transcripts from your current school year, for the current year and last year ONLY (e.g. report card). (This is not needed for students applying to Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten)
- Attendance records for the current year and last year only. (For Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten, if your school has this information, please submit. If your school does not have this information, you will not submit it).
- Behavior/discipline records (if there are no discipline issues, have the SCHOOL send documentation to that effect). (This is not needed for students applying to Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten).
- Copy of any IEP plan that the student currently has or may have had previously (if applicable).
- If using employment as your reason for permit transfer, please provide employment information. A copy of a recent pay stub and a letter on the employer’s letterhead verifying schedule (hours and days) and location of employment; OR If self-employed, an office lease, a copy of a valid current business license (if applicable) and a letter on business letterhead verifying location of employment.
- After you have applied, you will receive a confirming email with your unique permit request number. You will be asked to reference that permit request number when you submit your required documentation to email@example.com.
- Once approved, this Interdistrict Permit Application will be in effect until a change of status.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Home to school transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian. LVUSD does not provide interdistrict transportation.
Any student attending a school in the Las Virgenes Unified School District on a permit is required to carpool. Click link to go to Carpool Connection: https://goo.gl/ZSuRSf.
- You MUST contact your home district to obtain an application for an outgoing release permit. Once received from your home district, you must send the release to: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can finalize your permit process.
- Final permit approval by LVUSD cannot be obtained without release from your home district. However, being released from your home district does not guarantee acceptance into LVUSD.
- I understand that completing this application does not guarantee acceptance to the requested school.
- By typing your name on the signature line of the application, you agree that all information on the application is complete and accurate. False or misleading information on an application is grounds for denial/revocation of the permit.
If you understand and agree with the information above, please click below to proceed to the application:
2019-2020 Interdistrict Incoming Application Link (Click Here) (Available November 19, 2018)
Questions: If you have questions or concerns, please email: email@example.com