Dear Incoming 6th Grade Parents and Students:
Welcome to Lindero Canyon Middle School!
A primary goal of the middle school is to provide students with a smooth transition from elementary school to high school. Middle School students take a required academic program in Language Arts, Social Science, Mathematics, Science, and Physical Education. Students also have the opportunity to select one elective from the choices below, or request to be placed in the random lottery for Zero Period PE (if offered in the 2020-2021 school) year and take two electives. Click on the Elective Descriptions to view the 2019-2020 electives we have offered this past school year with detailed information about each offering. Elective Selection for our incoming 6th graders will takle place in April and we will forward the link to make selections and descriptions to our incoming 6th grade families once available.
Current Year-Long Programs:
- Beginning Band – Students with no previous or less than one year experience
- Cougar Band – Intermediate level – acceptance based on director recommendation
- Beginning Strings – Students with no previous or less than one year experience
- Cougar Strings – Intermediate level – acceptance based on director recommendation
- Concert Choir – All levels
- 21 Century Leadership
Current Exploratory Program: Class rotation - Students rotate approximately 10 weeks in each class.
- ECA (Early College Academy)
- (STEAM) Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math
Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions.
Mr. Eric Anhalt