Elementary School Program
There are many benefits to choosing an independent school option for your child. Students in LVIS are able to learn at their own pace, and gain confidence, responsibility, and invaluable time management skills. Utilizing our district-adopted curriculum and in conjunction with inquiry-based learning and exploration, students develop their critical thinking skills and passions.
Elementary students engage with LVIS in the following ways:
- Learning Option 1 - Bi-Monthly Check-ins:
- Students are assigned a supervising teacher who serves as support for the student and family.
- Supervising teachers meet with their students in-person or virtually for one hour every two weeks. Students use LVUSD curriculum and their learning plan to grow as independent learners asynchronously at home or during travel.
- Learning Option 2 - Daily Virtual Meetings:
- Students will be required to meet daily with their teacher via zoom or Google Meets to receive their instruction.
- Students will interact with the teacher throughout the school day via zoom lessons and asynchronous work.
- Similar to the Virtual Academy
- Students will be enrolled at Las Virgenes Independent School (LVIS)
- Learning Labs:
- Students explore interests, receive supplemental learning support, and connect with others through weekly optional labs.
- Learning labs and enrichment opportunities are essential for the social connections for elementary school students.
- More information about these labs is linked below.