Dear Bay Laurel Families:
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! I am honored to serve as your principal and am excited to work with you to ensure that we have an amazing school year ahead.
This is my 18th year in public education and I love what I do! I believe in kindness, positivity, and gratitude, and I practice all of the above daily. I majored in History and minored in Ethnic Studies/Women Studies at UC Berkeley. I earned my doctorate in Organizational Change and Leadership from USC, and wrote my dissertation on effective stress management for educators.
Here are some exciting highlights for the 2022-23 school year:
- The school year includes three additional school days that were formerly staff professional development. These dates are October 10, January 30, and March 20.
- Free breakfast and lunches will be available for all students, regardless of income levels, during the upcoming school year. Parents are strongly encouraged to complete the online Eligibility Application.
- Additional campus supervisor hours.
- Gate/fencing at the front of the school.
- Full-time Counselor.
- Full-time Media Center Coordinator in our library.
- Visual Arts Teacher.
- Music Teacher.
- P.E. Teacher five days a week (Funded by PFA).
In addition to being your very proud principal, I am an active member of the Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) and am the Equity Committee representative for Region 13 of ACSA. I also co-direct the Southern CA region of the CA Association of Asian Pacific Leaders in Education (CAAPLE). When I am not immersed in this wonderful world of education, I enjoy spending time with my husband, reading, going to the beach, hiking, dancing, and finding great places to eat!
I am looking forward to another amazing year of learning, fun, and growth for our students. Please send my love to all of our new and returning Dolphins, and let them know that I am SO excited to meet them and be their principal! Thank you all for your continued support.
Friday Dance-Off Videos:
2021-22 School year
Challenge #1 (Fancy Like):
Challenge #2 (Levitating):
Challenge #3 (It's Raining Tacos):
Challenge #4 (Everybody Dance Now!):
Challenge #5 (Party Man):
Challenge #6 (Gangnam Style):
2020-21 school year
Challenge #1 (Right Foot, Left Foot):
Challenge #2 (Teach Me How to Dougie):
Challenge #3 (Hey Ya!):
Challenge #4 (3 Simple Student Created Dance Moves!):
Challenge #5 (Dolphins Cheer!):
Challenge #6 (The Hype & the Worm!):
Challenge #8 (Savage Love):
Challenge #9 (Cha Cha Slide):
Challenge #10 (Whip/Nae Nae):