Dear Bay Laurel Families:
Welcome to the 2021-2020 school year! I am honored to serve as your principal and am excited to work with you to ensure that we have an amazing school year ahead. I am thrilled that we are returning to full-time on-campus instruction.
This is my 17th year in public education and I love what I do! I believe in kindness, positivity, and gratitude, and I practice all of the above daily. I majored in History and minored in Ethnic Studies/Women Studies at UC Berkeley. I earned my doctorate in Organizational Change and Leadership from USC, and wrote my dissertation on effective stress management for educators.
Here are some exciting highlights for the 2021-22 school year:
- The school year includes three additional school days that were formerly staff professional development. These dates are October 11, January 24, and March 21.
- Free lunches will be available for all students, regardless of income levels, during the upcoming school year.
- Full-time Counselor
- Full-time Media Center Coordinator in our library
- Visual Arts Teacher
- Music Teacher
- P.E. Teacher five days a week (Funded by PFA)
- New library flooring (funded by PFA)
- Additional outdoor picnic tables/umbrellas (funded by PFA)
I am looking forward to another amazing year of learning, fun, and growth for our students! Please send my love to all of our new and returning Dolphins, and let them know that I am SO excited to meet them and be their principal! Thank you all for your continued support.
Friday Dance-Off Videos:
Who says we can't have fun during such a unique COVID year? Check out our Friday Dance-Off Videos from our 2020-21 school year!
Challenge #1 (Right Foot, Left Foot):
Challenge #2 (Teach Me How to Dougie):
Challenge #3 (Hey Ya!):
Challenge #4 (3 Simple Student Created Dance Moves!):
Challenge #5 (Dolphins Cheer!):
Challenge #6 (The Hype & the Worm!):
Challenge #8 (Savage Love):
Challenge #9 (Cha Cha Slide):
Challenge #10 (Whip/Nae Nae):