COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
The Las Virgenes Unified School District is committed to the health and well-being of our students and staff and is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus to provide you updates with the latest information. We continue to advise parents, as we always do, do not send your child to school if they may be sick. Keeping your sick child home will be a great benefit for the health and wellness of our students and staff. If you, your child, or family recently traveled to or from a foreign country, we also ask that you take extra precautions and seek a medical evaluation from your doctor before returning to school.
Can my student go to school today?
Novel Coronavirus - What you Need to Know
A coronavirus is a type of virus that causes diseases of varying severities, ranging from the commonn cold to more serious respiratory disease. A novel (new) coronavirus is a new strain of coronavirus that hasn't been identified before in humans. The following is information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding COVID-19:
Resources for Parents
- New York Times article:How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus
- Betsy Brown Braun:Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- State of California Coronavirus Community Information
- You Could be Eligible for Broadband Credit from Spectrum
- LA County: https://covid19.lacounty.gov/
- Ventura County: https://www.