Spanish Dual Immersion
Bilingualism and Biliteracy
Students develop a high level of thinking, listening, speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in English and Spanish.
Students strive for academic excellence in all subject areas. Students receive the California Seal of Biliteracy on their high school diplomas.
Students develop positive attitudes and appreciation toward world languages and cultures in our global society, promoting their involvement in world issues.
Improved memory, attention, problem-solving skills.
Fluency in Spanish & English, cultural understanding, diverse job opportunities.
Strong communication, positive social interactions, appreciation for diversity.
Monthly School Tours starting in November - April. Inter-District Permit Window Opens Mid-November, and closes on March. Please visit LVUSD Enrollment to book your tour and begin or continue your child’s journey to bilingualism and biliteracy.
- Has Spanish Immersion been proven to be an effective education paradigm?
- What happens in the classroom?
- How do Spanish speakers specifically benefit from this program?
- How do English speakers specifically benefit from this program?
- How do children who are already bilingual benefit from the program?
- Is this method of early language learning in wide use?
- How did Las Virgenes’ Spanish Immersion program get started?
- Who is the staff of the Las Virgenes Unified Spanish Immersion program?