• Q: What is there to do besides academics?

    A: ­ Clubs"“over 50 different clubs. Students can create a club for just about anything.
    On campus radio/entertainment during lunch.
    Dances held during the year include Homecoming, Vice Versa and Prom.
    Some After School Activities include our Talent Show, Battle of the Bands, Lip Sync, and Fashion show.
    Competitive clubs including Dance Team, International Equestrian League and Surf Team.
    Theatrical performances including plays, musicals and Comedy Sportz.
    Athletics include three seasons of sports and year-round Cheer. Fall sports are boys water polo, golf, volleyball, tennis, football, and boys and girls cross country. Winter sports are girls water polo, soccer, basketball and wrestling. Spring sports are swimming, track & field, baseball, softball, tennis and golf.
    The ASB link on our Agoura High School website has information for each class, blue crew and more.

    Q: When do students need to start keeping track of community service hours and how do they do that?

    A: Community service hours are a requirement  for graduation from high school in LVUSD. Please go to the attached link for more information.

    Q: Regarding clubs: does a new club require an AHS staff person or can it be an "outside" staff liaison?

    A: Clubs need to have an AHS staff member as an advisor, but can have outside people help as well.

    Q: I have a 10th grader new to the school. Will the Link Crew contact him?

    A: Many of the new students not in 9th grade have been contacted. If your child has not been contacted and you would like him/her to be, please contact

    Christy Shields at cshields@lvusd.org or Melissa Brennan at mbrennan@lvusd.org.

    Q: If my child is late because of a doctor/dental appointment, do they need a note from doctor/dentist?

    A: They only need to bring a note or email the Attendance Office. If the student leaves during the day that is when he/she needs to have a doctor's stamp on the off-campus pass.

    Q: Who do we send a note about missing days for a trip?

    A: First go to the Attendance office page of the AHS website and download the pre-approved absence form. Return the form to the Attendance office at least 2 weeks before the scheduled trip. If the absence is for 5 days or more, the pre-approved absence form must be filled out and a short-term independent study contract must be completed before the trip. Contact the Attendance office as early as possible for more information.

    Q: Is a professional theatrical job (film, tv) considered an excused absence if you are informed prior to absence?

    A: Professional theatrical jobs are considered excused absences.