Extended Absences

  • There are two types of extended absences of which parents/guardians need to be aware; both require action to be taken prior to the absence. 
    1. Request for Pre-approval form is required for an absence of 1-4 days that falls outside the general reasons (illness, doctor's appointment, funeral, etc.) for absences. This form is available here. Please fill this form out, have your student acquire teachers' signatures, then turn the form in to the AP office for approval. 

    2. Short Term Independent Study may be granted for an extended absence of five days or more.  Parents should contact the Assistant Principal's Office several weeks prior to the absence.  A Short Term Independent Study Agreement will be completed, then submitted for approval from the Assistant Principal. If approved, the AP's office will notify the teachers, who will provide work to the student to be done during the extended absence.