Enrollment Information

  • Students coming from a Las Virgenes Unified School District elementary school are automatically enrolled for 6th grade. For School of Choice or Interdistrict permit information, please click HERE for more information. 

    NEW STUDENTS ENROLLING FOR 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR, INCLUDING RECENTLY PERMITTED STUDENTS:  New students to LVUSD must enroll through the Counseling Office on Open Enrollment days listed below. The enrollment process starts at the time specified. 

    Students need to be present to enroll and be prepared to take a Math Placement test. All students must be here at the time specified to start the Math test. Late arrivals will not be able to test.

    While students are taking the test, parents fill out the Enrollment Packet in a different room.  Please click here to download the Enrollment Packet.  You may bring these documents with you on Open Enrollment day or you may fill them out when you're here while your student is taking the Math Placement Test. The Enrollment Packet must be filled out by a parent or legal guardian. 

    **PLEASE NOTE: For your convenience and to save you time during enrollment, we recommend you email the Immunization Record to our office so that our health representative can approve it ahead of time. Please email it to wmerrell@lvusd.org. You may also email other documents listed below. 

    Please click here for important information for new incoming 6th graders for the 2017-2018 school year.


    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 2:30pm

    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 2:30pm

    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 2:30pm

    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 2:30pm

    Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 2:30pm

    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 2:30pm

    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 2:30pm

    Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 2:30pm

    Friday, August 11, 2017 at 9:00am - Please click here to sign up for the Friday, August 11, 2017 enrollment date.


    Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 2:30pm for Language Arts

    Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 2:30pm for Social Science

    Friday, August 11, 2017 at 9:00am

    Please click here to sign up for honors testing.


    1. Proof of Birth: Birth certificate or passport

    2. Proof of Residency: If you reside in the LVUSD district, (if not, skip to #3.), you must provide the following:

    • Property Tax or Escrow papers or Lease papers
    • Two utility bills: Water (mandatory) and gas or electric bills (phone bills will not be accepted) in the parent's name at the address of residence.
    • Residency Verification Form (provided at school site) Please Note: P.O Box addresses are NOT accepted.
    • If you are a renter and do not pay utilities because it is included in the rent, we will need a letter from the lessor and/or copy of the rental agreement stating that utilities are included.
    • In the case of purchasing a home under construction, A New Communities K-12 Enrollment Address Verification form may be obtained at the sales office and will be accepted as temporary residency verification. 
    • NOTE: In the event a utility service connection letter is used as proof of residency, then a utility bill (both top and bottom, in English) must be provided within 30 days to assure continued enrollment. It is the parent(s)/guardian(s) responsibility to provide this data before the 30 days has elapsed. 

    3. Interdistrict Permit or School of Choice Permit: If your permit application has been approved to attend AE Wright, please provide approval documents. 

    4. Immunization Record: HEALTH RECORDS ARE REQUIRED BY LAW AT THE TIME OF ENROLLMENT. Please bring a copy of your child's most current immunization record or to save time during enrollment, please email it ahead of time to wmerrell@lvusd.org. We will not be able to enroll your student without current immunization records. Students who have never attended a California school must present written evidence of a Mantoux PPD (TB) skin test. Students entering 7th grade must have updated or completed Hepatitis B shots and the 2nd MMR. For more information about immunizations, click here

    5. School records: Please bring a copy of last year's final report card, a current report card, and standardized test scores. If your child is in any special program such as Section 504, GATE, or Special Education, please bring a copy of supporting documentation, such as the current IEP, 504 plan, or GATE qualification to assist with placement in appropriate classes. We will request official records from the previous school.

    If you have any questions concerning enrollment, please call (818) 880-4614 ext. 289 between 8:30 A.M. and 4:00 P.M

    Please call (818) 880-4614, ext. 289 for any questions.