Design Templates & Tips
Click here for LVUSD letterhead
Powerpoint Version: Click here
- Recommended font - Oswald for titles and Arial for body text. No font smaller than 30pt.
- One thing at a time - The audience will almost instantly read every slide as soon as it’s displayed.
- No paragraphs - Most presentations fail when there are large amounts of content on each slide. The presentation is not a stand-alone document. Your slides are the illustrations for your presentation, not the presentation itself.
- Use images sparingly - Try to avoid using clipart. If you need branding images, contact Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don't over design - Avoid the temptation to dress up your pages with effects. Keep presentation to around 10 slides.
Tips for Typeface
- Use only two different font styles and sizes in a single printed piece
- Keep the typefaces proportional; do not stretch or skew them
- Ensure that the typeface sizes are easy to read
- Recommended fonts for promotional graphics, printed material, etc. - Headings: Times New Roman. Body text: Arial, Calibri,