Instructions for Outside Organizations
Our district cooperates with approved non-profit community partners by posting e-flyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. To be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
Follow the steps below to upload your flyer. District staff will review the flyer and approve or deny based on the guidelines below. If approved, the flyer will be emailed to parents and posted online.
- NOTE: Please read the LVUSD flyer approval guidelines below.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as an Enrichment / Community Org. (account type).
- Then select Non-profit. You must upload a copy of the IRS non-profit determination letter.
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. All community partners are subject to Peachjar’s service fee.
Non-Profit Community partners may post a flyer without charge through Peachjar (subject to school district approval) if the flyer contains information about a community event that does not charge a fee AND does not lead to an enticement to buy products, services or a participation fee.
LVUSD Flyer Approval Guidelines
- Organizations that are not affiliated with LVUSD must include the statement: Not Affiliated with Las Virgenes Unified School District.
- Flyers must be uploaded as a PDF file and be under 6MB
- All flyers must be approved by LVUSD, which retains the sole right to approve flyers. LVUSD may ask your organization to make changes.
- LVUSD does not accept multi-month flyer requests within the same posting. If you want to post your flyer for multiple months, please upload your flyer the number of times you want your flyer to be sent and select the dates for flyer distribution.
- Organization must be a non-profit and must provide an IRS non-profit determination letter.
- Flyers for community partners are emailed 1x weekly, typically on a Thursday or Friday.
- Upload the flyer a minimum of 1 week ahead of when you would like the flyer to be sent.
Flyers will NOT be approved that:
- Have not provided their Tax ID# and non-profit determination letter from the IRS.
- Are obscene, libelous, or slanderous
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the school’s orderly operation.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, or other unlawful consideration; or promote one group over another.
- Promote any particular religious group or political party or interest.
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services, which are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives. Ads for tobacco, intoxicants, and R-rated and X-rated movies or products shall not be used.
- Announce the meetings of non-curricular student initiated groups.
- For educational programs that are not aligned with the District curriculum.