2019-2020 School of Choice Permit Information
The 2019-2020 School of Choice Permit applications will be open November 19, 2018 and will be available ONLINE ONLY (no hard copy applications are available). This application is for residents of LVUSD who would like to attend another Las Virgenes Unified School. This includes current students who were previously released from their home district in a prior year and permitted to attend LVUSD. Please read the information below and proceed to the application at the bottom of this page.Note: We are no longer accepting School of Choice Permits for the current (2018-2019) school year. If you have recently moved or have extenuating circumstances which, may warrant a mid-year change, you may provide those details in an email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications open November 19 and should be submitted by the February 1st deadline.
- Decisions from LVUSD will be processed by March 15.
Applications received after the February 1st deadline will be processed on a case by case basis.
School Of Choice Application Requirements:
- Should this application be approved, the School of Choice attendance permit will be in effect for the duration of the student’s years at the approved school site. In order to change schools again, a new application must be submitted. This includes returning to the home school. Mid-year transfers are not available after the start of the school year.
- I understand that completing this application does not guarantee acceptance to the requested school.
- If your student did not attend LVUSD during the most recent semester, you will need to submit a copy of attendance and discipline (if there are no discipline issues, have the SCHOOL send documentation to that effect) and UNOFFICAL transcripts from your current school year. (Discipline and unofficial transcripts do not apply for students applying to Journeys or Kindergarten)
- Applicants MUST register at their home school until they are notified that their permit has been approved.
- Buttercup Preschool does not accept permits.
- Home to school transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Any student attending a school in the Las Virgenes Unified School District on a permit is required to carpool. Click link to go to Carpool Connection: https://goo.gl/ZSuRSf.
- By typing your name on the signature line of the application, you agree that all information on the application is complete and accurate. False or misleading information on an application is grounds for denial/revocation of the permit.
If you understand and agree with the information above, please click below to proceed to the application.
2019-2020 School of Choice Application Link (Click Here) (Available November 19, 2018)
Questions: If you have questions or concerns, please email: email@example.com.