Information for Calabasas High School
MARCH 17, 2020 UPDATE - A MESSAGE FROM THE CHS COUNSELING DEPARTMENT. WHAT TO DO AFTER YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR COURSE SELECTION FORM.
Dear Future CHS Coyote,
While we missed getting to meet you in person, we look forward to having you as part of Coyote Country next year and can't wait to meet you soon!
We know you’re probably wondering what happens next with your schedule for 9th grade, so here’s what’s going on:
- CHS Counselors picked up your papers from your middle school and are in the process of putting your first-choice classes in AERIES. We will be in touch with any questions, forms that need to be completed, etc.
- You will have the opportunity to check your classes in AERIES next week. We will send out information about how to view your course requests and how to make any final changes.
Here’s what we need from you:
- Very important: Complete this Google Form so we have more information about your plans and preferences. This is due by Monday, March 23rd, please!
- If you requested ANY Honors or AP classes, you need to complete an AP/Honors agreement. You can find them on our website here (scroll down under the videos to find “All the Forms”). You can take a picture of the form/scan it and email it to your CHS Counselor.
- If you’re interested in Coyote Athletics, sign up as a Future Coyote Athlete on their website here! They will add you to the mailing list for the sport(s) you’re interested in so you can get tryout and summer information.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Your CHS Counselors -
Mrs. Ritchey (A-De), email@example.com
Mrs. Cato (Di-I), firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Gillespie (J-Moo), email@example.com
Mrs. Hollingsworth (Mor-Schr), firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Rivas (Schw-Z, International), email@example.com
Click HERE for 2020-2021 Calabasas High School Registration Dates flyer and HERE for the Parent Drop-In Day flyer.
Wednesday, March 4, 2020 - Scheduling Intro
Students view the CHS Scheduling Video and are given course registration forms.
CHS Scheduling Website: bit.ly/2X44vMO - Links to scheduling videos, important dates, course lists, downloadable forms, and MORE!
District Course Catalog: courses.lvusd.org - Course descriptions, prerequisites, and graduation requirements
Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - Parent Drop-In
Q&A drop-in session for students and parents in the CHS Media Center from 4 - 5:30 pm.
Thursday, March 12, 2020 - Lunchtime Q&A
CHS Counselors will be available to answer student questions in the AEW Quad during lunch.
Friday, March 13, 2020 - Forms Due
Course selection forms are due to AEW counselors with student and parent signatures.
CANCELLED - Thursday, March 19, 2020 - One:One Meetings
CHS counselors will visit AE Wright to finalize course selections.
Friday, March 27, 2020 - AP/Honors agreements, waiver forms, final change requests due to AEW counselors.
Tuesday, April 7, 2020 - Students visit Calabasas High School