Entertainment Work Permits

  • The work permits for students to work in the entertainment industry are issued by the Division of Labor and Standards Enforcement (DLSE) Office, not by the Las Virgenes Unified School District.


    Click on this link to go to the Division of Labor and Standards Enforcement/ Department of Industrial Relations website for more information.


    The parent/guardian or the student must take the application to the student’s school designated counselor who will check the student’s attendance, discipline record, grades and health record. The counselor will fill out the form then the work permit application will be returned to the student/parent to submit to the DLSE office for processing.


    Please plan accordingly and allow 2-5 business days for the Work Permit to be processed in the Counseling Office.


    Per State guidelines, the schools require a student to maintain at least a 2.0 G.P.A. and attend school regularly. Also, per State guidelines, a student’s attendance, discipline record and grades will be checked every grading period.


    The work permit can be cancelled and or denied by a school administrator if the student does not meet the grade and attendance requirements as per State guidelines. If the student’s work schedule creates a truancy or absence problem for the student, or demands of job are causing student to fail classes at school, the permit will be revoked.


    Student Responsibilities-All students applying for a Work Permit must:

    • Maintain a good daily attendance record in all classes (per State guidelines).
    • Maintain a G.P.A. of 2.0.
    • Understand that student's grades and attendance will be monitored throughout the year.  If the student does not meet the above requirements, his/her work permit will be revoked.
    • Agree that school is the priority over work.