Team Green is a student education and leadership program focused on sustainability. Made up of Principal or Assistant Principal, the plant manager, staff, students and a PFC/A board member, its purpose is to promote environmental awareness and personal responsibility for the entire school community. In addition, Team Green’s initiatives will be aimed at waste reduction and recycling, conservation of resources, and pollution prevention at our campus.
- At the beginning of each school year, prepare and distribute the necessary information to all (School Name) families to improve sustainability, including tips, procedures and policies for our Waste Free Lunch Program and Reduce, Reuse and Recycling Program.
- Work with LVUSD staff and plant managers as they implement various practices, containers and signage that educate the school community on the proper disposal of all waste on campus.
- Plan and provide continuous programs throughout the year in coordination with the Principal and staff educating and promoting Team Green’s mission and (School Name)’s Waste Reduction Program.
- Develop an annual budget and raise money for your program with direct support from the PFC/A.
- Communicate with school administration and PFC/A regarding new programs, assemblies and events that would benefit our community.
- Team Green will provide input and guidance to Campus Improvement Committee, Gardening Club and other clubs with events and activities on campus in regards of proper waste disposal.
- Monitor, track and measure the programs progress and report to school and district office about the status of the program.
- Assess results and re-evaluate the program