What information and materials must I bring with me to enroll my student?
Verification of Identity of parent, caregiver, licensed foster agency or group home representative, or California Superior Court - appointed legal guardian.
- A Driver's License (any photo driver's license or CA ID card is permitted)
- A passport with photo ID
- If an agent or representative of social services or foster care agency, appropriate agency identification
Verification of residency inside LVUSD attendance area of parent, licensed foster parent, or California Superior Court-approved legal guardian. For the initial enrollment, parent or guardian must provide four (4) documents from the list below to support the residency verification form and the residency affidavit (P.O Box addresses are NOT accepted)
- Property Tax or Escrow papers, and two utility bills: Water (mandatory), and
- Gas or electric bills (phone bills will not be accepted)
- Residency Verification Form (provided at school site)
- Current Payroll stub (both names and address must appear on payroll stub, if applicable)
- Current Social Services documents
- UCI Housing: an official document asserting the person resides in student housing (if aplicable), which usually covers gas and electric
- If you are a renter and do not pay utilities because it is included in the rent, we will need a letter from the lessor and/or copy of the rental agreement stating that utilities are included. Please see Residency Verification Form provided at school site.
- In the case of purchasing a home under construction, A New Communities K-12 Enrollment Address Verification form may be obtained at the sales office and will be accepted as temporary residency verification.
- NOTE: In the event a utility service connection letter is used as proof of residency, then a utility bill (both top and bottom, in English) must be provided within 30 days to assure continued enrollment. It is the parent(s)/guardian(s) responsibility to provide this data before the 30 days has elapsed.
Proof of withdrawal from the previous school/district is required upon enrollment.
Proof of Age is required:
· Official or Certified Copy of Birth Certificate
· Current Passport or Immigration Certificate
Proof of Immunization Records are required for certifying up-to-date immunizations
for each student.
All Kindergarten students must have a completed physical examination no more
than six months prior to entering Kindergarten. (If an exam is completed between
6-12 months prior to Kindergarten entrance, another physical exam will be required
prior to entering first grade.) All FIRST GRADE students must have completed a
physical examination no more than 18 months prior to entry into first grade.
Emergency telephone numbers are required.
Documents and Information:
An academic transcript or report card from your previous school. (Prior school
records will be requested by the school in which your child enrolls.)
For Special Education students: Current IEP and Assessments
For Gate (Gifted and Talented) students: Prior test scores and/or certification forms
For English Learners, a copy of their current CELDT scores
For students coming from another California school the SSID or State Student